Monday, January 16, 2012

Makeover Oreo Cake Balls!

I love desserts!  I love sweets!  And, I love to eat a lot :)  But, I don't want to gain - so I love when I can modify a recipe (lose some calories) and still get rave results!  I found the original recipe here:  Oreo Truffles and I am so glad that I found this recipe on her site!



Here is my updated version:

*half package of reduced fat Oreos
*3 ounces of neufchatel cheese softened (like cream cheese)
* 1 1/2 cups of white chocolate chips

Chope Oreos up finely in a food processor.  Save a Tablespoon of the crushed Oreos to decorate the tops later; set aside.

Combine the softened cheese and crushed Oreos until well combined. Roll into balls and place on wax covered cookie sheet (I used aluminum foil instead of wax).  Place sheet into freezer for 15 minutes to set the Oreo balls.

Melt chips in microwave by heating for approximately a minute.  I find that if the chips have retained their shape but are glossy on the outside, they are ready to begin mixing. I mix until it becomes a smooth dip.

Take the Oreo cake balls out of the freezer and dip into chocolate.  Dust with the leftover Oreo crumbs before the white chocolate hardens.  Let the chocolate harden and store in the fridge.

Warning:  Be prepared to keep eating these!  :)  I made these for two separate parties and didn't have any to bring home either time!


2 comments:

  1. Yay! Let me know what you think after you try them! We liked them a lot :)

    ReplyDelete