*8 oz. small Penne pasta
- 3 Tablespoons of butter
- 1 1/2 Cups of milk
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons of flour
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1 Tablespoon white cheddar popcorn seasoning
Set oven temperature to 350.
Directions for making the sauce:
- Melt butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat; whisk in flour. Continue whisking and cooking for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add milk, whisking constantly. Cook, stirring frequently, until sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Add cheeses, salt, chile powder, and garlic powder. Stir until cheese has melted and all ingredients are well incorporated, about 3 minutes. Use immediately or refrigerate up to 3 days.
Sadly, I couldn't eat it because of the dairy - but my family LOVED it.