Monday, January 23, 2012

Bok Choy and Onion Stirfry (HAPPY Chinese New Year!)

I lived in China for a year back in 2001-02.  I love good Chinese food and I really should make it more often - especially since the Chinese restaurants taste different than what I got used to eating.  This recipe was definitely a keeper.

Bok Choy and Onion
*Baby Bok Choy - sliced into long pieces
*One white onion
*1 Tablespoon olive oil
*1 Tablespoon soy sauce
*1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes

Mix the olive oil and soy sauce together and saute/stirfry the bok choy and onion for approximately 5 minutes.  When the leaves are wilted, it is done.

We ate it over a long grain rice mixture.  It was tasty!


Happy Chinese New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! You've been cooking up a storm lately! All your recipes look fabulous! My brother sent me a recipe that I've been wanting to make for pork that he likes: Now, if I can just convince myself to go grocery shopping... Will have to try the bok choy. http://recipes.moldova.org/recipe/yuxiangrousi-china-92-1394-eng.html

    ReplyDelete