Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Energy & feeling safe...

Okay, so being 16 1/2 weeks pregnant I thought that by this point I would have energy. I have been wiped out since I was about 6 weeks pregnant. Last night we were in the basement for about an hour in the middle of the night - so I didn't get to bed until 2:30. Thought I would be so tired today, but praise God - I actually feel a little bit like myself again. When I am not pregnant I totally take for granted that I have enough energy to walk up the steps and sort laundry. Hopefully this is the end of the lack of energy!!

Something else I take for granted... last night when I was sitting in the basement and could hear the emergency sirens going off and the wind howling, I was holding a scared little toddler and my four year old was sleeping next to us. We were sitting under the I-beam in our basement and my dear husband was hooking up a TV so we could follow the weather. I had this moment of feeling safe. Because we live in the middle of Ohio in a nice community, there aren't really many opportunities that I have to reflect on my safety. Because I am usually safe, I don't think about it. I wondered about people in this world who face attacks on their live daily and what a sweet feeling safety actually is.

No comments:

Post a Comment