Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Terrible Twos? Me or her :)

It's amazing how much better behaved My 2yr old has been this week. I have had 5 good days in a row.... I wonder: is she the one who changed her behavior magically, did my parenting suddenly become stellar or did my perspective and expectations of her change. I have to say that I think that I was expecting too much out of her, causing me to be frustrated. Many of the times it wasn't her fault at all... just my unrealistic expectations.

Like when I told her to pick up her toys. She did, until I left the room. When I came back the little turkey was reading a book... Initally I was upset, why isn't she still picking up the toys. But, then again - her role model (me) had left the room and wasn't picking up toys anymore either... So, I asked her to start picking them up again. And, she did. I realized she wasn't trying to be disobedient - she just thought we were done. How glad I didn't go with my first response and scold my little girl.

After all, she is still only two.

(I also just can't help but believe someone is praying for me, and I am so grateful for it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment